8 Simple Ways to Gain More Twitter Followers
Twitter has many advantages in terms of engagement and publicity, yet many business owners are unaware of how to get the exposure that they are seeking. The key to promoting your business is not just through the content you create, but also the followers you gain. Gaining new followers can be thought of as creating new avenues of publicity for your business.
Whether you are new to Twitter or are a seasoned professional in the art of the tweet, these eight tips can improve your account and gain more Twitter followers:
1. Update Your Avatar – Branding is all about consistency. Ensure that your avatar features your company logo or the same image across all social media site
2. Create a Bio that Stands Out – Your Twitter bio does have a character limit, but don’t let that rule limit your creativity. Use this opportunity to describe your business in a few powerful words to your Twitter followers.
3. Cross Promote – Twitter is a great tool to promote your other social networking sites. This can be done in two ways:
1). Include links to your other social networking sites.
2). Write a couple of tweets letting your Twitter followers know about your other social networking sites.
4. Retweet (RT) – If you find something that is informative, interesting and that is related to your industry, retweet it! This can help you increase engagement and help gain Twitter followers.
5. Share Images – Sometimes all text posts can be a little redundant. By sharing images that are newsworthy and not from a quick Google search, you will begin to see interest from new Twitter followers.
6. Limit Hashtags – Hashtags are a great way to reach a bigger audience, but using too many can start decreasing the followers you already have. Use hashtags sparingly for best results; no more than 2-3 per post.
7. Use Resources – Take advantage of third party apps like TweetDeck or HootSuite, which allow you to schedule your tweets ahead of time and share basic analytics so you know how effective your Twitter updates are.
8. Acknowledge Your Mentions – Engagement is a two way street. Ensure that you are acknowledging all mentions and thanking those who compliment your business.
Working to gain Twitter followers is a simple tactic to promote your business to new audiences. Do you have any other tips in increasing social media followers? If so, please share your expertise with our readers below.
Photo Credit: MattJhsn
Written by Erika Taylor Montgomery