Blogging Tips: How Blogs Improve SEO & Search Engine Ranking
Do you want your company’s website to be visible online? How’s your search engine ranking? Here’s one way to improve SEO (search engine optimization) without needing to become a web expert: blog regularly!
Blogging for your business continues to be a fantastic strategy to increase your search engine ranking, which in turn makes your company easier to find online. Do you need hard data? Just take a look at some of the research from HubSpot that backs up this strategy:
- 44% of online shoppers begin by using a search engine.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links.
- Blog frequency impacts customer acquisition. 92% of companies that blogged multiple times a day acquired a customer through their blog.
- Nearly 40% of US companies use blogs for marketing purposes.
PR Daily posted an article that gave some solid advice to improve SEO through blogging: “Write about the topics on which you’re an expert and convey the value your industry might add to others.” Simply by writing about what you already know, you can increase your company’s search engine ranking.
Still, sometimes it can be hard to sit down and come up with blog posts on a regular basis. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Ask yourself what you’ve been doing lately. Do you find yourself answering the same question over and over again for your customers? Write about it! Have you done anything outside of work you can relate to your industry? Get creative and note the similarities between your trip to Grandma’s house and your field of expertise.
- Bounce ideas off someone else. Take the time to talk to your friends, family and co-workers to get new ideas. Sometimes they will see a new perspective that you may not see.
- Post Regularly. Even if you just post once or twice a week, make sure you schedule your post on the same day and at the same time. This helps customers know when to come back for new information.
- Don’t take all the credit. If you rely on another article for information, share the love by linking to it. Plus, if it’s a big website, this will help improve SEO for your blog, too!
Have you tried blogging to increase search engine rankings? What worked well for you?Written by Erika Taylor Montgomery
Tags: blog, Erika Taylor Montgomery, SEO