Content Influences Social Media and Blog Engagement
Are you trying to increase engagement on your business’ social media and blog accounts? The type of content you use for your posts matter. Even if you are writing strong content for Facebook or Google+, there are other ways to attract attention to posts. Here are half a dozen tips to foster engagement with your social media.
6 Types of Content for Engagement
- Imagesand Video. Whether it’s an ironic cartoon, a stunning photograph or a fun video, pictures speaks louder than words, so speak to your readers visually.
- Notable Quotes.Did someone famous say something that relates to your business? Share it! Readers love being inspired, encouraged, entertained and more, so post a quote that they can identify with.
- Chances are your followers don’t have a lot of time to sit there reading lengthy blog posts or social media updates, so break up the content with lists. It’s always helpful to use bold to make certain words stand out, too, so don’t be afraid to use formatting options.
- Current Events.Does something going on in the world relate to your business or industry? Share the news, add your commentary and ask your readers to weigh in. If you’re stuck for ideas, think about the time of year and post something that relates to an upcoming holiday.
- Tips & Tricks.Do you have some sort of insight to offer your readers? No matter your field, you have helpful expertise you can provide, so share it!
- Controversy is a great way to get readers involved, so don’t be afraid to post what you think. Just make sure there is some sort of tie to your business or industry, otherwise it’s probably a better fit for your personal page.
What other types of posts have been effective in getting your readers involved? Share them in the comments below!
Photo Credit: Wikipedia CommonsWritten by Erika Taylor Montgomery
content, social media content