Featured Articles »

November 19, 2014 – 9:55 am | One Comment

Google Plus has become the newest leader for small business and social media marketing. The new social media platform offers advantages that Twitter and Facebook cannot, but how do you know what to do or …

Read the full story »
Finance & Legal

Raising capital, bookkeeping, angel investors, creating a corporation, and legal requirements are just a few of the many topics you’ll find here.

Operations

Streamline the day to day by creating systems that create consistent product and service offerings, as well as save you time and money.

Marketing

Traditional print advertising or online marketing? PR? Web and Social Media? Craft a marketing plan by using the right media to find your target customer.

Sales

Learn techniques and strategies that will help you win more business. Integrate your marketing plan with your sales plan. And more…

Real Business Owners

Real business owners share their experiences, insights, and the resources they found helpful when starting up their own businesses.

Home » Branding, Direct Marketing, Facebook, Marketing, Social Media

Content Marketing on Facebook

Submitted by on March 27, 2013 – 10:00 amNo Comment

Since we have already discussed how to maximize your company’s content marketing strategy on Pinterest, today we will focus on Facebook. Content marketing on Facebook differs quite drastically from content marketing on Pinterest because the program focuses on posts rather than pins.

Facebook is a great tool for marketing your business

Facebook is a great tool for marketing your business

Facebook itself is an amazing social network that is the largest of its kind. The site now houses more than 1 billion users! Businesses are smart to take advantage of Facebook’s popularity, and are even smarter to use it for content marketing.

If you are unfamiliar with what content marketing actually is, its premise is fairly simple: content marketing is a form of marketing through various on and offlineoutlets that occurs when information is provided to potential customers with the intention of getting their attention directed at a company. In other words, content marketing is used to grow businesses by engaging the public.

There are many things that companies can do to increase their content marketing efforts on Facebook, and relevance is the number one factor. In an optimal situation, businesses should post 2 to 3 times per day, seven days a week, and include relevant information that their target audience would be drawn to. Although it might be tempting to just write about your company, remember the 80/20 rule: 20% of your posts can be self-promotional, but the other 80% needs to be infotainment, or content that relates to your industry but provides some sort of value to your followers, like a helpful article, video, quotes, questions or a related image.

Making sure the content you share relates to your industry keeps the information that you are providing credible and builds a dedicated following. When people know what kind of information to expect, they find it useful and are more apt to pay attention to posts. Relevance in content marketing also needs to go hand-in-hand with timeliness. Your business’ Facebook posts should inform your audience about current issues, data, events, statistics, etc.

Content marketing on Facebook will undoubtedly benefit your business. Create a content marketing strategy for your business today and see the results for yourself.

Three Girls Media & Marketing Inc. is a public relations and social media management agency with teams in Silicon Valley and the Seattle area. We love working with small and emerging companies across the nation to raise their brand awareness and name recognition. We offer a complimentary 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs. Contact us today to arrange yours!

Photo Credit: owenwbrown

Written by Erika Taylor Montgomery
Tags: ,

Leave a comment!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also Comments Feed via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.

UA-36862816-1