Facebook Advertising Guide: 4 Steps to Using Promoted Posts
Have you considered Facebook advertising for your business? If you have an advertising budget, even a small one, Facebook ads are definitely worth the investment.
What Type of Facebook Ads?
There are a couple of different options when it comes to Facebook advertising, but promoted posts are a business favorite for a few reasons:
- They show up in users’ news feeds, which makes them much more visible than the Facebook ads in the sidebar.
- They work well for mobile users (again, because they show up directly in users’ feeds).
- They give potential followers a taste of what your business’ updates are like.
4 Steps to Get Started with Facebook Advertising
Follow these 4 steps to get started:
- Define your goal.Do you want to increase your followers? Give one of your products more visibility? See more engagement on your updates?
- Write a post with that goal in mind.For example, if you want to increase your followers, think about what type of update would entice them to follow your page. Or, to give your products more visibility, write a post that promotes an item you sell on your website.
- Go to your Facebook page, type in your update and click on “Boost Post.”From there you’ll be able to set your target demographics, ad budget, etc. Also, it is recommended you include a photo with your Facebook updates, especially when you’re advertising, as it makes the update even more appealing to users.
- Monitor your ad.Make sure you keep an eye on your Facebook ads! In addition to interacting with users that engage with your brand, the social network provides a lot of fascinating analytics that you can use to better-target potential followers in the future, too.
Promoted posts are a fantastic way to use Facebook ads to your business’ advantage! Follow these 4 steps – define your goal, write an update with your goal in mind, boost the post and monitor your ad – to make your Facebook advertising as strong as possible.Written by Erika Taylor Montgomery
Erika Taylor Montgomery, Facebook, Facebook Ads, Facebook Advertising, Promoted Posts, Social Media