Social Media Marketing: 4 Last-Minute Holiday Tactics
Between marketing holiday discounts and promoting products or services, this time of year can often be busy for small business owners. Needless to say, it is common for many entrepreneurs to neglect some facets of their marketing campaigns.
One of the greatest advantages of social media marketing is that it appeals to the busy bee in all of us. Unlike traditional print journalism, social media marketing allows individuals and businesses to relay information in real time to their audience. Don’t let the holidays keep you busy from engaging with potential or existing customers. Here are four ways to use social media marketing during the holidays.
4 Holiday Social Media Marketing Tactics
1) Pin Your Holiday Spirit: If your small business isn’t using Pinterest, now is the time. From new products to crazy cubicle decorations in the office, you can engage in the holiday spirit by pinning any seasonal inspired inspirations from your business. Don’t forget to create a Pinterest topic board for your products or services…gift ideas, wish lists, last minute gifts, etc.
2) Instagram Photo Contest: The holidays are all about joy. Bring out the humorous side to your small business by hosting an Instagram Contest. From videos of the “World’s Worst Caroler” to ugly Christmas sweater contests, encourage your followers to post for a chance to win a special holiday treat. Prizes can be as simple as a Santa Hat with your company logo or a holiday mug.
3) Holiday Deal Day: In 2012, 75% of shoppers used Facebook to search for discounts. Entice deal seekers by developing a sharable coupon. Marketing sites such as Vertical Response offer users a simple to use coupon wizard to publish, manage and track coupons right from their accounts.
4) Facebook Timeline Contest: Facebook timeline contents are one of the easiest to accomplish on social media. Try posting one of these examples to spark likes and comments from your Facebook fans:
- Who’s excited for Christmas? Like this post for a chance to win free ____!
- What’s your favorite Holiday song? Let us know for a chance to win__!
The holidays can certainly be chaotic for any entrepreneur, but with tactics such as social media marketing in place, you can still take advantage of the season of shopping and spending time with family. Do you have any last minute holiday marketing ideas? Please gift our readers with your expert advice!
Photo Credit: WikipediaWritten by Erika Taylor Montgomery
Social Media, tactics