Social Media Marketing Ideas for the Busy Entrepreneur
We get it. You are busy, busy, busy. In addition to everything that keeps most people occupied, you own your own business. You have a hard enough time completing your check list, but now you’re supposed to market your company with social media, too? How many hours in the day are there?
5 Social Media Marketing Ideas
Social media is important, and keeping it consistent is vital to its success. But that doesn’t mean you don’t have time. Here are five marketing ideas for maintaining a social media presence without investing a ton of time:
- Recycle your content. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel! Reuse your older blog posts or share an old article you particularly liked.
- Schedule your posts. Use a third-party resource like HootSuite to schedule your posts in advance. This way you can spend a few minutes each week (or even every couple of weeks) writing and scheduling updates – then you don’t have to think about it again until next time!
- Post what you’re already reading. Did you read an interesting article related to your industry? Share it! Tell your followers what you think about it and ask for their opinions.
- Share others’ posts. Did one of your friends post something interesting on their Facebook page? Or did someone you follow on Twitter link to a helpful article? Share the love and pass it on to your followers! Plus, this makes for an easy social media update for you, too.
- Delegate. Feeling the burden of coming up with social media marketing ideas? Share the load with members of your team to lighten the load. Designate certain days you’ll post and specific days for someone else to post. Or, if you really feel like you can’t keep up, you can always outsource the work to a company like Three Girls Media. We’re always happy to help!
Coming up with social media marketing ideas doesn’t have to be a burden. What other social media tips and tricks would you share with other business owners?
Photo Credit: mkhmarketingWritten by Erika Taylor Montgomery
marketing, Social Media