Social Media Marketing: More Pictures Please!
Having something meaningful and worthwhile to say is important and necessary when posting content on social media. People love to feel inspired by words of wisdom and strength, but what happens if no one takes the time to read what you have to say? What if you added a picture to your post? Users engage and interact with visuals much more than just words. It’s an important lesson for anyone in charge of social media management to learn from!
Social Media Marketing Visual Statistics
Not completely convinced to include visuals in your social media marketing efforts? Check out these statistics from MarketingTechBlog:
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual
- Photos are liked twice as often as text updates on Facebook
- 94% more total views on average are attracted by content containing compelling images than content without images
- There’s a 37% increase in engagement when Facebook posts include photographs
Social Media Management with Visuals
As you think about how you approach your social media management responsibilities, consider how you come up with ideas for your updates. Do you put in the time to include photos and videos on your company’s Facebook or Google+ page? Here are three ways to integrate visuals into your social media marketing efforts:
- Take them yourself! Keep your camera handy while at work and don’t be afraid to snap a few photos or take a video once in a while. Give your followers a sneak peek by posting a picture of a new product debuting in 2014 or a few favorite photos from your holiday party.
- Share appropriate memes. Research is an important part of social media management, so take the time to look around and see what amusing photos or videos you can post. If you notice a new meme spreading in popularity, make it appropriate to your industry and jump on board.
- Ask followers for visuals. Give your followers some guidelines and ask them to share photos/videos that you can post on your page. Ask them to submit pictures of themselves using your products ( does this well) or start a campaign around a specific type of photo ( recently did this on their Facebook page).
Do you use visuals in your social media marketing efforts? Do you have any other advice on incorporating images onto social media platforms?
Photo Credit: Terence S. JonesWritten by Erika Taylor Montgomery
images, marketing, Social Media, visuals