Featured Articles »

November 19, 2014 – 9:55 am | One Comment

Google Plus has become the newest leader for small business and social media marketing. The new social media platform offers advantages that Twitter and Facebook cannot, but how do you know what to do or …

Read the full story »
Finance & Legal

Raising capital, bookkeeping, angel investors, creating a corporation, and legal requirements are just a few of the many topics you’ll find here.

Operations

Streamline the day to day by creating systems that create consistent product and service offerings, as well as save you time and money.

Marketing

Traditional print advertising or online marketing? PR? Web and Social Media? Craft a marketing plan by using the right media to find your target customer.

Sales

Learn techniques and strategies that will help you win more business. Integrate your marketing plan with your sales plan. And more…

Real Business Owners

Real business owners share their experiences, insights, and the resources they found helpful when starting up their own businesses.

Home » Facebook, Get Started, Marketing, Small Business, Social Media, Twitter

Social Media Statuses are Important

Submitted by on March 13, 2013 – 10:00 amNo Comment

Entrepreneurs who are on their way to creating a startup need to be aware of the value in social media marketing, and this includes posting current statuses on social networks for fans and potential clients. Startups who post  status updates on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+ can effectively market to a mass audience at a very low cost. Getting in the social media game early will pay off. Posting status updates offers quite a few benefits for your company (other than saving it money). Launch321.BlogPic.3.11.2013

Make Your Business Relatable      

Statuses can add a human touch to the robotic world of social media, especially for entrepreneurs and startups. People are interested in following a company from its beginnings and then seeing it succeed. Some great statuses for new, up and coming businesses are to those that focus on employees and the company’s journey. Updates that are centered around a staff member or milestone can prompt the public to be intrigued about who your company is, what it values and represents, and its goals. This tactic can make people feel more connected to your startup and the entrepreneurs who are a part of it.

Although you want to keep followers informed with status updates, make sure not to only post about your company. Only 20% of your statuses should be self-promotional. The other 80% should be helpful information in the form of articles, tips & tricks, quotes, images, videos and other content that can be related to your industry, but not directly about your business. Fans want to be kept abreast of what’s happening at your company, but more importantly, they want to feel that a page is providing them with valuable information that’s engaging.

Grow Your Business

Posting statuses about what your company is working on, the products and services that your company offers, a breakthrough your company had during a team meeting, etc. are also appropriate to post (besides referring to your staff). If you don’t market your company, or explain what it does/why people need it, then its products and services won’t sell. The public should be drawn in by your statuses. They should increase awareness about your startup and open the door for the news to be spread via the social media platforms that your company markets on.

Grow your startup by posting status updates on a regular basis. They are the component that all new businesses should use to effectively promote themselves on social media.

Photo Credit: bayuediputro

Written by Erika Taylor Montgomery
Tags: , , ,

Leave a comment!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also Comments Feed via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.

UA-36862816-1