Tools of the Trade: Keeping Tabs on Your Brand in Social Media
Social media is a rich pool, out of which you can fish what is being said about your brand by your clients, potential customers, partners or anyone else from the industry. Monitoring keywords is an excellent way to continuously discover such conversations online. It is done with the help of monitoring systems, or tools, which arrange the messages and articles based on your keyword in a convenient way for you to read. Additionally, it helps you find those discussions, which are relevant to your niche. From Google Alerts to Collective Intellect, here’s a list of tools to help you keep tabs on your brand.
4 Free Social Media Tools
- Google Alerts:Google Alerts is a great free tool that never seems to disappoint. One of your biggest resources for monitoring your brand’s online status, all you need to do is go to Google Alerts and enter the keywords related to your business. Then you will start receiving streamed or batch reports from Google Alerts directly to your inbox.
- Technorati: Technorati claims to be the leader among the blog search engines. Technorati has been around for some time and has helped bloggers and others who sustain on blog pulse remain up to date with all the latest information.
- Trendrr: We are all well familiar with the term “trending” because of Twitter. Trendrr allows you to see how your business is trending in comparison to other businesses. It employs comparison graphs to show relations and helps to discover trends. You can use it for free or buy a premium account to enjoy more features.
- Tweetburner:Any Twitter user will know the shortened URLs that are seen in tweets. Tweetburner helps you track the clicks on the shortened URLs and ends up giving some solid data.
3 Paid Social Media Tools:
- Radian6: Radian6 gathers information from social media websites, and after analyzing the data, it gives us the customer sentiment ratings for the required business or product.
- Cision: Cision makes a great team with Radian6. If you use them together, Radian6’s dashboard will give you a lot of data.
- Collective Intellect:CI is based on advanced artificial intelligence. It employs a filter technology for providing automated categories. The company aims at providing authentic groups and helps to reduce noise usually experienced in keyword based search.
After getting acquainted with all these tools, you will be able to monitor your brand on social media easily, but remember that such monitoring is just one side of the coin. The rest depends on how you plan to use this data to help your brand further.Written by Erika Taylor Montgomery