Twitter Marketing: A Small Business Beginner’s Guide
Twitter marketing is quickly becoming the norm in most small business’ marketing plans. With over 200 million registered users and over 30 languages available, Twitter has become a marketing dream for organizations of all sizes. Although Twitter has been popular for some time now, this social media platform is constantly evolving and offers several great features for business marketing as a whole. Due to these factors, Twitter marketing is a naturally good fit for any small business.
If your small business is curious how to use Twitter marketing, and you want to give it a shot, here is a very basic guideline of how to get started using the social media platform:
– Twitter marketing primarily involves the posting of “tweets,” the platform’s name for status updates. Your tweets are limited to 140 characters, yet your writing creativity is not limited whatsoever. This is the time to use effective content marketing strategies.
– All of your tweets should include hashtags, or the use of the ‘#’ to highlight a specific keyword. The keywords chosen should be relatable to your topic of interest. For example, if your small business focuses on baking cookies, most of your hashtags should be related to desserts. Tip: Limit your hashtags to only two per post to eliminate being viewed as spam to your readers.
– It’s always a good idea to attach links with related content to your posts. By attaching links of images, videos, articles and other related content to your tweets, you are giving your audience a wealth of information outside of your 140-character limit.
– Twitter marketing does not have to only include written content. Using sharing services such as Vine and Instagram videos is a great way to market your small business. You can create videos highlighting your brand or advertise a short message to all of your followers.
– Keep in mind that engagement is the primary goal in social media. You want to create an experience for your followers, one that they will continue to come back for and recommend to others.
The goal of Twitter marketing is for companies to effectively bring interest to their brand and ultimately create a prominent presence on this popular social network. Do you have any other suggestions for a new small business looking to venture into tweeting? If so, please share your insight with our readers below!
Three Girls Media, Inc. is a public relations and social media management agency with teams in Silicon Valley and the Seattle area. We love working with small and emerging companies across the nation to raise their brand awareness and name recognition. We offer a complimentary 30-minute phone consultation with our CEO and can answer your questions and discuss your specific marketing needs. Contact us today to arrange yours!Written by Erika Taylor Montgomery
small business, social media platform, twitter marketing