Vlogging Tips for your Business
Creating a vlog (video blog) for your business can be a great way to increase traffic to your site and interact with your audience on a deeper level. Simply making a vlog is not enough to demand user interaction; creating substantial and innovative media will make or break your vlog’s success.
5 Steps to Create a Vlog
- Come up with the content. As you develop your content, make sure you take the extra time to do some keyword research. By knowing which words and phrases are strong for SEO purposes, you’ll be able to integrate them into your content so your video description and tags are a natural fit later. One idea is to take blog posts you’ve written for your company website and vlog about those.
- Create your notes. Either write out a script or jot down the bullet points you want to cover. You want to come across in a way that makes sense in your vlog, without seeming scattered and all over the place. Having notes or a script will help.
- Practice. Run through what you intend to say a few times out loud. Make sure you incorporate any gestures you want to include so you can tie them in seamlessly.
- Record your vlog. I like to use my computer’s webcam for vlogging, but you can always use a separate camera and then download the video onto your computer later. Just make sure you put the camera on a tripod or somewhere steady so it doesn’t move – you don’t want your viewers to get motion sick from a lot of extra movement! Also, think about what you’re wearing and the background behind you; the overall appearance will play into your viewers’ opinion of your brand.
- Upload and share. YouTube is a fantastic site for uploading your vlog. Make sure the description shares what the video is about in addition to keywords and a link back to your site to increase website traffic! You can also embed your vlogs into blog posts, pages of your site or e-newsletters to help promote them, as well as sharing the links on your social media channels.
Have you tried vlogging as a tactic to increase website traffic and raise your SEO? What additional advice would you recommend? Share them in the comments below!
Photo Credit: Wikipedia CommonsWritten by Erika Taylor Montgomery
Tags: blog, small business, video, vlog