WordPress Plugins – What Are They and Why Do I Need Them?
WordPress Plugins add functionality to your website. Everything from contact forms to social media integration to dynamic slide shows can be added through a plug-in.
Some of the features you can add with plug-ins are:
- Social media integration – add share buttons for Facebook, Twitter and a host of other social media sites, have your Twitter roll appear on your site, automatically post links to your blog posts to your Facebook and Twitter accounts, and more!
- Cut down on spam with a contact form.
- Map your location to make it easier for clients to find you.
- Add a slide show.
- Integrate media like video and music.
- Get stats on visitors to your site.
- Automatically back up your site at a schedule that you set.
- Eliminate or reduce blog comment spam.
- Automate newsletter sign-ups.
- Split test offers on your site.
- Add a shopping cart.
- Add a favicon.
- Create a mobile version of your site.
- And more!
At 321Launch.biz we pre-load your site with our favorite plug-ins. But you can always add more. There are lots of free plug-ins that you can download from WordPress through the dashboard. These are your best source since they’re well tested and documented.
You can also purchase the pro versions of some plug-ins directly from the companies that develop them.
Many of the free plug-ins reflect hours and hours of hard work on the part of the developer. If you love a plug-in and the functionality offers, kindly make a donation to the developer. Most have a donate button on their website.Written by